Thursday, February 19, 2009

All Things Bright and Beautiful, James Herriot

This is a very good sequel of the first book. It doesn't feel like he's trying to milk the popularity of the first book or anything, it's just a very natural progression from where the first book ended with him getting married, through to the end of the 2nd book, when his draft it pulled for WW2.
The stories are grouped in much the same way as in the previous one, with there being a rough sense of temporal progession given, but more care to share similar stories together. I look forward to reading the third and final in the series.

I also finished listening to an abridgment of Rainbow Six today. Mneh. I read it way back in 10th grade, but this was just way too short. I think I'm gonna try and listen to his other old ones now though, unless someone has some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment