Saturday, February 13, 2010

Exercise Update

42" circumference, 20mm calipers 222.0 lbs as of yesterday.

I really don't feel like I've done much this week. I haven't been cutting back on my grains as much as I should be, and I haven't been working out as much. I stopped wanting to do the Strength Training, and when I did make myself do it, I didn't feel very worked-out at the end of it.
I discussed this is Steve, and he suggested timing myself. This is something I did when I started it, just to get a baseline, but I had stopped. Instead, I've been watching TV and just kinda going through the motions. Next time I do Circuits I'm going to lock the door so that people will stop trying to talk to me, and I'm going to time myself so that I put forth some real effort.

On the other hand, I've been increasing my running. I went down to the beach the other day (last time it wasn't freezing or raining), and did 2.2 mi or so. Today though, I did 2.9. I'd have made it the needed 3.2, but I didn't want to half to walk through a parade crowd on my way back to the house, so I got off the beach at 27th instead of 23rd.
I really enjoy the beach! it provides some variation in scenery, it's softer on my feet, and I don't have to worry about traffic. The last "block" (44-45th) the beach was pretty much gone, leaving only the granite rocks. I decided to use that as a technical, natural area. I'm gonna need some obstacle-clearing ability for the Warrior Dash, and it's something good to do for the MovNat kind of exercise. I ran across them at a pretty good pace, and it was really fun! I think from now on, I'm going to incorporate running to the ends of the groins into my exercise; the first time will be a fast walk to test the safety though. I don't want to slip and fall into the ocean with my work iPhone, and I don't know how much I trust the Vibram's grip yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment